30 Minutes Away
Dublin Zoo is located in the Phoenix Park, just half an hour away from Clayton Hotel Leopardstown. Start your day with the Clayton signature Vitality Breakfast and enjoy a perfect day out.
The zoo is one of the world’s oldest, originally set up in 1831 for the conservation, research and study of wild and exotic animals, it is now home to around 400 animals from the arctic to the African plains to tropical rain forests.
Children love to visit the pet corner and city farm. Coupled with Phoenix Park atmosphere, this amazing tourist attraction is definitely one of the best place to visit with the family.
Travelling to Dublin Zoo from Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Simply catch the Luas from the Central Park Stop, located 2 minutes stroll from the hotel, direct to St Stephen’s Green. From there catch the 46A bus to Phoenix Park (approx 40 mins). If you have time on your hands why not take the Dublin hop on, hop off bus tour which stops at the zoo and all of the big sights including Dublin Castle, Trinity College and more.
- Driving out of the hotel turn left onto the Leopardstown road the head northbound on the M50
- Take exit 6 from the M50, use the left lane to take the N3 exit to Castleknock
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the Navan road
- Take the 3rd exit at the roundabout and continue onto the Ashdown Gate Road
- Turn right onto the North road
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit for Chesterfield Avenue
- The take the 4th exit onto Arces road
- Turn right and turn right again and you should be at your destination
Four star Clayton Hotel Leopardstown is the perfect place to explore Dublin.